Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ouch... I guess I'm L.F.J. now.

Alright... ... I'm kinda embarrassed to write this, don't really want to... but here I go.

I used to write the Live journal over at http://saist.livejournal.com/ I had started that livejournal when I went to work for Sitel, an outsourcing company. We worked for Cox Communications for about 3 years, then our assets were sold to Suddenlink. About 3 months after Suddenlink took over, I finally quit Sitel. The paycheck just was not worth the amount of pain we were being put through.

After I left Sitel I joined up with a local gaming center, for a couple of reasons. The owner had been a friend of the family for years and he was looking at a theft problem that had been continuing since the gaming center had opened. My initial job, as such, was to basically babysit the place. Get it open for business and make sure nothing went out the door.

Unfortunately, when the past months I've feel victim to the thefts as well with somebody stealing system memory from my computers, my Nintendo DS has gone missing, several of my Nintendo DS games have also gone missing, and I've gotten shorted cash on the Soda fund. Basically, I've gone broke from the Tournament Center.

And thats where I am now. Yesterday I gave the owner a choice. Either he could get rid of the person who I believed was committing the thefts, or I was walking out the door. The owner chose to keep the thief.

So, as of now, I am jobless, and broke, and I haven't a clue what I'm going to do from this point. Part of me wants to start Mepisguides.com back up, but the guides are fairly time consuming considering the way I do them. Another part of me wants to go back full time into tech support or into fixing computers again.

Now, when I was updating Mepisguides on a regular basis (how long ago was that?), I had several emails from people wishing to donate money. I turned those requests down asking that money be sent to Cblue or Warren for Mepislovers or Mepis itself. Now... as embarrassed as I am to admit it, any of those donations would have been nice...

So... I guess here's an outline for the deal. If people still want to donate to this loser, you could donate via paypal to mepisguides [space] @ [space] gmail.com

Part of me wants to guarantee a new guide for every $50 donated, or a remixed guide for $25. Remix being updating existing guides in Mepis6.

That... should allow me to continue to pay off bills for food and electricity, and if the pace keeps up, might turn into a livable income.

The other outline is that if you do want to actually hire me, I've put my most recent resume up:

http://www.fcs-inc.biz/saist/trg/resume.html
http://www.fcs-inc.biz/saist/trg/resume.odt
http://www.fcs-inc.biz/saist/trg/resume.pdf

And yes, in 3 different formats, HTML, Open Document, and Portable Document formats.

While I would personally prefer continuing to work in the Augusta Georgia Area, I'm realizing in my current situation that if I'm offered a job somewhere else, guess I will move.

If you are interested, please send emails to jason.frothingham [space] @ [space] gmail.com


I'll... update the blog with something else more in the lines of what you probably would want to read later. For now though... I still have some systems on the test bench I need to finish up.

Oh, and if you are interested in a Mepis Linux loaded computer and you want to buy one... I'm willing to work on those too.

(and don't forget to remove the [space]'s from the emails.

No comments: