Friday, December 08, 2006

HardOCP Steve and I agree... (again) :: Handwriting

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1165272610506&call_pageid=968332188492

now, according to this article I found while reading HardOCP's news, Handwriting is ... quote "irrelevant." Now, like Steve who ran the news on HardOCP, I am skeptical of the validity of the report. Now, I can type a lot faster than I can write. I can type a lot neater than I can write. However, despite using a Computer to type with on a daily basis, I have never forgotten how to pick up a pencil and write the alphabet out, or how to form the letters.

This... report... if you will just reeks of laziness on the part of the students. Writing is pretty much like riding a bicycle. Once you get the patterns down, you really can't forget them. Personally the teachers need to suspend all acceptance of printed materials and accept hand-written only. If the teachers cannot read the papers, automatic F.

I think that would jog the memory cells on the students.

No comments: