Saturday, July 31, 2010

Nvidia beta's OpenGL 4.1

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/opengl_driver.html

Nvidia has pushed an OpenGL 4.1 driver out the door for testing. Granted I'm unable to actually test this I don't have any Fermi based cards on hand

Now, I'll admit that I'm not exactly Nvidia's biggest fan. I consider the GTX 470 to be overpriced, too hot, and too power hungry. I'm not even sure the 850 watt power supplies I picked up some time ago could handle 3 470's in Triple SLI. I have an even lower opinion of the GTX 480. Yes, the GTX 480 is more powerful than a stock RadeonHD 5870, but if you check the links that I'm putting in here, it's not near as makes no difference $100 more powerful.

Anyways, since I don't have a Fermi card on hand to test with, I can't really give any feedback on how well this driver works. For this then, I'll just have to rely on readers who bought Fermi cards to download and test the driver.

No comments: